Dr Suneil Raju breaks down the guidelines and evidence-based behind probiotics, particularly for IBS management
- Understand the diagnostic criteria for IBS
- Appreciate the role of probiotics in the treatment of IBS
- Gain insight about the intestinal microbiota in health and disease
- Recap terminology relating to the gut microbiome
- Understand the role of faecal microbiota transplant in the treatment of C.Difficile
About our expert:
Dr Suneil Raju is an Academic Clinical Fellow in Gastroenterology working in South Yorkshire. He divides his time between clinical and research interests. He is the Yorkshire and Humber British Society of Gastroenterology Trainee Representative, Trainee Associate Editor at Frontline Gastroenterology, South Yorkshire Clinical Academic Society President and sits on the BSG Clinical Services and Standards Committee. The article was peer reviewed by Dr Hugo A. Penny, Clinical Lecturer in Gastroenterology and Professor David S Sanders, Professor of Gastroenterology, both from the Department of Gastroenterology, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, Sheffield.