Proven by independent experts
Recommended by clinical and scientific experts
Symprove contains four live strains of bacteria:*
- >30,000 people take Symprove every month6
- Randomised controlled trials investigating Symprove in those with pre-existing medical conditions, have been approved by ethics committees and no serious adverse events have been recorded in any trial7-9
- No serious adverse events have been recorded since commercial sales began in 20106
1. Fredua-Agyeman M, et al. Benef Microbes 2015;6(1):141–51.
2. Moens F, et al. Int J Pharm 2019;555:1-10.
3. Goldstein E, et al. Clin Infect Dis 2015;60(2):S98-S107.
4. European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). Updated list of QPS-recommended microorganisms for safety risk assessments carried out by EFSA.DOI 10.5281/zenodo.1146566.
5. Gelsomino R, et al. Appl Environ Microbiol 2002;68(7):3560-5.
6. Symprove data on file 2023.
7. Sisson G, et al. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2014;40(1):51–62.
8. Kvasnovsky CL, et al. Inflammopharmcology 2017; doi: 10.1007/s10787-017-0363-y.
9. Bjarnason I, et al. Inflammopharmacology 2019;27(3):465–73.
*Symprove contains four live strains of bacteria: Lacticaseibacillus rhamnosus NCIMB 30174, Enterococcus faecium NCIMB 30176, Lactobacillus acidophilus NCIMB 30175, Lactiplantibacillus plantarum NCIMB 30173. The bacteria in Symprove have all been independently characterised by the NCIMB (The National Collection of Industrial and Marine Bacteria) using the latest DNA sequencing and mass spectrometry techniques. These methods have enabled characterisation of the genera, species and strains.
Symprove delivers 10 billion CFUs (colony-forming units) per 70ml cup, consistent with amount used in human clinical research trials.